Conversion of Dalmore Infant School, Alva into five amenity homes for the elderly is underway
Restoration and conversion works at the former Dalmore Infant School (latterly the Dalmore Centre) are now underway as part of a £1.9 million construction programme of council houses in Clackmannanshire - the first in over 30 years. Overall the programme is creating 16 new homes in Tullibody, with five amenity homes for the elderly within the old school at Alva, along with a block of 4 flats within the old school yard.
Dalmore Infant School was built by Alloa architect John Melvin in 1885. Replaced by a new school in the late 1970s the building became a community centre before closing in 2009.
The former school was added to the Buildings at Risk Register in 2010 as a significant unlisted building in the Alva area. Nominated by the Buildings at Risk team, the building secured category C(s) listing by Historic Scotland in July 2010.
More information on the building can be found at: http://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/search/order/1/name_of_building/dalmore%20centre/event_id/913533/building_name/dalmore-centre-west-stirling-street-alva